Meaning of Registrar
According to the Universities and University Colleges Act 1971, the Registrar means' Registrar, or Head of Department in University which is managing Human Resources, Academic Issues or other issues related to the General Administration, and also includes any other person which are appointed to the full-time position that are created and named as such by statute or otherwise.
Purpose of Registrar
The Role of the Registrar subject to the Universities and Colleges 1971 Constitution of Universiti Sains Malaysia, named Statute XXI – REGISTRAR have began operate on January 1, 1979. The role of the Registrar include the following matters:-
- as the custodian of records, documents and any other property of the University which are determined by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
- act as secretary to the Authority and the University of keeping minutes of meetings Parties authorities.
- manage the examinations conducted by the University.
- perform such other functions as may be required to perform adequately the tasks assigned to it by the Constitution, statutes, Acts and Regulations regulation.
- carry out any other duties as directed by the Vice-Chancellor.